Feeling stiff or sore and finding it difficult or painful to move?
A physiotherapist assesses and treats patients affected by an injury, disability or health condition.
You don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a physio.
They are also able to help you submit an ACC claim where applicable.
A physiotherapist can help with the following:
- Planning and providing an exercise programme for you to increase strength and movement
- Massaging or manipulating areas of your body to relieve pain and stiffness
- Providing information and advice on general lifestyle, body movement and postures to prevent injuries
- Providing services such as acupuncture to improve pain
- Providing mobility aids or devices such as crutches to help you move around.
Some medical conditions that can improve with physiotherapy include:
- Strains and sprains
- Sports injuries
- Back pain
- Neck pain or shoulder pain
- Fractures or broken bones
- Recovery after surgery.